Saturday, January 12, 2013

2013!

Happy New Year!

There were only 3 Tuesday girls today as Alison had flown to colder climes and Amanda was keeping her bug away from the rest of us! We met for coffee as I was having to take the Tuesday puppy to agility where she is teaching me what to do with jumps and weaves

                                           Janet's gifts to Caroline

Today was also Caroline's birthday and I had forgotten - promise I'll make it up to you! - so Janet & Caroline were going out for a celebratory lunch.







Janet was putting the finishing touches to her appliquéd monthly quilt blocks which are lovely - we are not hoping for snowmen in January, but the forecasters seem to think it's a possibility.
I am determined to complete some projects which have been lurking at the back of my quilting cupboard and had spent the first week of 2013 on a UFO. Hopefully the completed project will be ready for photographing in the not too distant future but here are 4 blocks completed this week ...


They are from a BOM started in about 2007, 
designed by Paula Doyle

Janet had also brought a selection of lovely books that she had received for Christmas - but she'll have to share next week as the photo is upside down and I can't rotate it!

On that note ... see you next week





No comments:

Post a Comment