Friday, January 25, 2013

Snow, more Snow and a chilly start!

 



Well, the snow had settled on the ground well and truly before I even thought to clear the front steps... so was sweeping and shovelling as Amanda arrived.  I was doubtful it would ever be warm enough to enter the Conservatory, so despite putting the heater on in time, I ended up fetching another heater.  I had just made a cup of tea for us both when Janet, then Chris arrived.  We all received a lovely text from Alison, who had wisely decided not to make the trip up to us. We look forward to seeing her next time.


We sat in the lounge drinking several cups of tea and munching on Chocolate and Pistachio Brownies (based on a recipe from the Daily Mail's Weekend TV mag).   As we ate and drank, both Janet and I received more belated birthday and Christmas gifts from Amanda.  She had made us both beautiful tote bags, which we loved and included teabags and a caddy each. Thanks to my lovely friends, my birthday has stretched out over the last 3 weeks so I think I am ready to admit I am a year older!  Hmm!


I had finally received Janet's Christmas present from America via Amazon... (I had researched by looking on what I thought was her wish list.. sadly it wasn't hers.) duly wrapped it and was able to give it to her... a Thimbleberries book (Janet loves their fabrics!) - very few words, no patterns, but lots of colour photos. Not quite what either of us were expecting, but still some beautiful items shown.

Whilst we were supping tea, I received a frantic call from DD so ended up dashing back and forth between houses looking for notes from a meeting she had had, and as I was the last one to have the pad which they were on, could I locate it.  For those who know me well, they will say I am easily 'distracted' so things are lost frequently in my home.  Searches are often non-productive and it was so this time.. Time taken from Tuesdays is not appreciated, but happens too often with me!  Fortunately, I was not the guilty party in the end, the lost item being recovered eventually in a certain daughter's car!!!!

During my time out, Janet and Chris did their show and tells... Janet, who was tieing ends on her small calendar quilts, showed some granny blocks she had made using left over Strawberry Field fabrics from her daughter's quilt... and Chris, who was casting on some fingerless gloves, had received her beautifully machine-quilted quilt back from Yvette at Needle and Thread.  I was pleased to see these lovely items once I got back.  Amanda was appliqueing on her second block of the month from Patchwork Cabin.

Anyway, it was nearly lunch-time before we entered the... by then, warm and cosy conservatory.  Chris was once more attending dog training with the Tuesday Pup so left before we ate.  It wasn't long before we had a steaming bowl of home-made and slightly spicy roasted veg and butternut squash soup with a warm roll, followed by Devilishh creme brulee.  I had bought a cook's 'flame gun'!  NO gas!  This weekend I actually managed to get some and so was able to melt the brown sugar without having to turn on the grill.  Note to self!!!  A thicker layer of sugar required next time!

A quick cup of tea then followed, conversation and a decision to leave early as it was getting very cool again outside. So with the weather in mind, we all went our separate ways.  Until next time be safe!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lovely creative and crafty time. Hopefully you'll do it again in warmer weather and have longer together, it's fun getting together with like-minded crafty friends x

    ReplyDelete