Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Quilts Galore!!

 Another Tuesday and I am feeling very pleased with myself.  It IS going to be the year of the "home-made" and I am now getting on with lots of unfinished projects!
I am just showing off as for the past few months I have not had much to show and have been put to shame by the rest of the Tuesday Girls!
 Today Alison & Caroline were unable to be with us but we had a visitor - a fellow Guildford quilter, another Janet.
She has used her mother's old skirts, mohair & velvet, to make an interesting quilt - "Through the Garden Gate".  It will be decorated with buttons, to form strands of wisteria.
                                                   We have new neighbours who have a young daughter.  I have cleaned up one of my old dolls and made some bedding for the doll's cot.




It is birthday season in my family.  This is for my soon to be five god-daughter.  It is a piece of fabric I was given in the past, saved for a good purpose.


 A sample in the local quilt shop, Needle & Thread, in Horsell, inspired this one,  It is made out of a charm pack that I had sitting on its own with no label.  If anyone knows what the fabrics are, please let me know as we were not sure.  It is probably Moda & I have had it quite a while!






Janet has now sewn all her birdhouse blocks together.  We looked at various fabrics for the borders as Janet wanted some advice. I expect it will be finished by next week - watch the blog!!
Another Janet project.  Pandora's Box from the first jelly roll book from the Quilt Room.
The fabric is vintage trouble.
Love the colours, a homely quilt for those winter evenings.

I did a Jane Attwood class at Needle & Thread on Saturday & managed to produce these two miniature landscapes - Autumn & Spring.
I have enough fabric to do a summer & winter as well, so watch this space.
Obviously they need embellishment, which will be a good hand quilting project for the coming weeks.
Another project to finish.  I am quilting this London Quilt for my niece who is 14 tomorrow.
Her bedroom is London themed, so it will fit in quite nicely.  I have used "London Bricks" which are sized 8 1/2" x 4".

Chris was also quilting her London Quilt,  made with the same fabrics, but using the tiny turning twenty method.
My son's girlfriend is going to Moldova in June, after graduating from Bournemouth Uni.  She will be working with special needs children under five, in an orphanage.  The children need a quilt to sit on when they are out & about, so some of my Guildford quilting friends & the Tuesday girls donated 2 1/2" strips & we sewed them together for this quilt top.  I love the bright colours & hope it will be a success with the children in Moldova!


Here's to another week of finishing all those UFO's!!

No comments:

Post a Comment