Thursday, November 21, 2013

Remembering how to blog ...



Well it has been such a long time since I wrote I blog post that I had to refer  to remind myself how to upload an entry! Keep your fingers crossed that it works - I guess if you're reading this I've succeeded.



Janet and I spent the morning alone, chatting about all our ideas for quilts and browsing some of the magazines available to us for ideas. As always, matching stash fabrics to patterns is the sticking point. I was looking for quick and easy stash busters and was able to put post-it notes on a few ideas.

 Janet was unpicking the sample on the left. She had made the triangles with a 60 degree triangle ruler. I thought this pattern might be useful for a jelly roll and as luck would have it, found not one but two such rulers in a drawer!















When Amanda arrived for lunch she had this UFO with her (I think it has made a blog appearance before but it's so lovely it deserves another post!)
It was made in a class at Needle and Thread and is a Jacobs Ladder pattern.





Amanda and I both have long-term hexagon projects. They are English paper pieced and make an appearance every now and then. I had been cutting fabric for hexagons earlier in the day but haven't joined mine as Amanda has done in this photo.



Janet was also cutting - a Thimbleberries scrap project - watch this space!

There will hopefully be a full gathering of Tuesday Girls before Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment